User Guide Home
Syncrify Server   >
Learn how to add a new User, view important information about each User, modify and/or remove specific User settings, and view the profiles associated with each User.
User Management > View User Profiles
The following information and actions are available for each Profile that belongs to a particular User:
User Management > Modify User Information
Referring back to the main User Management tab, you should see two options under the Action section: Modify and Remove.
- To delete a user from Syncrify Server, click the Remove link. Note: This will permanently remove all files, folders, and profiles associated with this user from the server.
- To display additional options for a user, click the Modify link. The following window should pop up:
- User's Name - User's entire name (first & last) which is stored in Syncrify's User Mappings database.
- Password - Assign a password for this user. Note: Users can modify their password when they log into the admin console using their user credentials.
- Active - If this box is unchecked, this User cannot be used to backup his files to the server.
- Max Versions - Specify the number of versions to be kept on the server. See Versioning for more information on this feature.
- Disk Quota - Specify a limit for the amount of disk space this User can occupy on the Server machine.
- Selection Filter - The admin has the ability to filter certain file types from being backed up.
- Bandwidth Throttling - Specify a value to limit the amount of bandwith this User can take up within your network. See Bandwidth Throttling for more information on this feature.
- Delete Retention Days - Specify the length of time (in days) that the server should keep deleted files. Once this value has been reached, Syncrify will delete the file(s). See Delete Retention for more information on this feature.